Pages

Saturday, March 24, 2012

"Of course it's all luck."

I started taking pictures using a D-SLR about a year ago...became addicted ever since I opened that Nikon golden box.


"Of course it's all luck." 
Henri Cartier-Bresson

Of course there's technike and equipment and a million other factors when it comes to photography but what you must really have is luck.
In the picture above I was on vacation in London just passing by and had my camera on auto because I was still learning the basics and was not comfortable moving around without the auto settings on.
I thought at that time I could miss an important moment by taking a bad picture using my own settings.
Looking back, I was right, I totally would have ruined this picture by trying to be a pro. Don't take me wrong, I'm not saying that you shouldn't learn how to take pictures or to use auto all the time.
It is one of my favorite pictures, the framing, the scenario, the people, the light...it  really captures the moment and the feeling of being in London. Freezing that moment and feeling in time is what photography is all about.
Bresson was right, you know, that picture, was all luck.

I read somewhere in the internet that in photography you tend to take pictures of what you like the most...it's also true. The first picture my Nikon ever took was of my wife!

No comments:

Post a Comment